Wednesday 18 September 2013

WHISTLES SS14





How is it that LFW is already over! For those of you who didn't see my Instagram last week, I was lucky enough to be picked by Whistles HQ to go to their SS14 show, having posted on Instagram my favourite fashion week essentials. These included my super comfy ripped denim jeans from Zara (that I physically cannot seem to get out of), my trusty classic box clutch, hydrating skin supplies from Lucas PawPaw and Nars, mid-heel Saint Laurent pumps and finally the statement blouse - highly sought after since the AW13 Whistles presentation at LFW earlier this year (for Whistles super-fans - did you see how quickly the camo limited pieces sold out too!?) The brand is without a doubt one of my favourites, and accountable for 50% of my entire wardrobe. Simple tailoring with incredibly high quality materials, providing a designer, contemporary wardrobe at attainable prices, it's no wonder under the genius direction of Jane Shepherdson that the brand has jumped on to every editor's radar and into every woman's wardrobe over the last few years.

Whistles had more than just a few treats prepared for me other than the show - my day started at the Radio Hair Salon in Shoreditch where I was treated to a Blow-Dry with some of my favourite Bumble & Bumble products. The salon was such a relaxed and friendly environment, and some where I will definitely be making a trip back to!

Before the rain commenced, we made it to Heron Tower for the show - The view was incredible, such an unlikely venue for a show and yet it seemed so fitting with the city as a backdrop for the all-British contemporary brand. My favourite pieces had to be the blush pink racer back dress, the Birkenstock-esque sandals and the awesome leather culottes/green crop top ensemble (you can see the full show and looks here)

Believe it or not.. the fun didn't end there! We headed off to the store on Dover Street Market - I was particularly set on going there as I had heard so much about it (particularly the monogrammed clutches that Olivia Palermo was carrying at FW last year) not to mention the variation of limited pieces they stock in this particular store. It's safe to say I left wanting everything - from that angora cable knit roll neck jumper to those leather trousers and pleated skirts. I managed to put down my name for the monogrammed clutch in burgundy (TIP! Whistles are adding some beautiful new colours to their monogram text options to co-ordinate with the Autumnal coloured clutches, including a pale blue and pink, so ask for the new colour palette if you are looking to purchase one!) 

After all the fun it still wasn't home-time, Whistles had also set me up for a night at the Town Hall Hotel in Shoreditch - a beautiful old building over 100 years old that has been converted into a contemporary hotel complete with art installations and Michelin restaurant. In the morning, we headed off to Old Spitalfields market for breakfast, followed by a long gander through Hackney Flower Market where I picked up my favourite home additions - white hydrangeas and pink peonies! 

But before we left for home and the fun was over, I had to track down those leather carrot leg pants (having seen how awesome they looked on guests at the show, I couldn't get them out of my head) and ended up taking a trip to Whistles on South Molton Street, my favourite and probably most regularly visited store, where they had one left in my size! Joy of joys, I snapped them up. 

Whistles - you absolutely spoilt me to death and I feel so lucky I had the opportunity to see one of the most coveted LFW shows of the year! Thank you so much!

Don't forget you can follow Whistles on Instagram @ThisisWhistles and myself! @EricaEWright