Monday 18 February 2013

LASER CUT





Amidst the excitement of watching all the AW13 shows online so far this last week (thank you, Style.com), I couldn't help but look back at my favourite SS13 shows (in the live breaks, of course) to see what had influenced my wish list picks for spring/summer. I remember being beyond overjoyed that Celine, Chloe and Isabel Marant had all provided us with muted, neutral colour themes that would make it easy to mix pieces from a winter wardrobe to a summer one. So here we go! More wish lists because making collages are fun and dissertations are not.. Beautiful simple dresses from Chloe mixed with the infamous Susanna boots (now with silver studs for this season for those of you who aren't so inclined to gold hardware). More statement bomber jackets from Marant following on from the covetable embroidered Western jacket of last season. I also couldn't resist the laser-cut pieces from Alaia, and do not fear! A huge range is available at The Outnet for all your purse-friendly-Alaia needs, making it all the more easier to justify, right? Also these laser cut leather shorts from Raoul are a perfect statement pair of shorts, I haven't seen anything else like them.
Other covetable pieces I couldn't resist include the great Olympia Le Tan's book clutch which has pretty much been snapped by every street style photographer and will continue to do so i'm sure! From novel clutches to novel jewellery I still cannot get over the awesomeness that is Delfina Delterez who has added a whole new meaning to the 'fine jewellery' category. In addition are these super thin stacking rings by Catbird NYC that are perfect for every day use, they also come as 'knuckle rings' that are trending in a big way! More on that in my next post though.