Friday 7 September 2012

SEPTEMBER ESSENTIALS



More reasons I love September.. transeasonal dressing! It is a fickle thing, fashion vs. english weather. I spend most of my time in the summer months wondering what on earth is appropriate to wear in the blazing heat when it will (most definitely) be pouring with torrential rain and thunderstorms in the afternoon, with the temperature dropping at least by 10 degrees after that. It also doesn't help that I love layering and my wardrobe consists mainly of knitwear! I can only hope over the next few weeks it'll be clear skies, with a cool temperature and no rain (yes I am completely delusional, but it'll help me in justifying more transeasonal purchases..)
What to start looking out for the Autumn/Winter? 1. The perfect coat. The most important piece in making an outfit. Yes I shouldn't be wishing away the nice sunny weather but I am also far too eager to purchase new coats with so many great styles in store already for AW12. This wool coat from the Topshop 'Premium' range is just what I have been looking for; it has that oversized, voluminous structure but in a more contemporary cocoon style that you can chuck over anything and it'll make the outfit. 
2. The printed L/S tee: A lightweight, long sleeve tee like these ones from Proenza Schouler's AW12 collection are perfect to wear under a coat or jacket without having to layer on the knitwear just yet. I am a sucker for anything Breton and the rust coloured 'mountain' style print is the perfect statement jersey!
3. The perfect white tee: An obvious choice, but you really can't go wrong. I love this geo oversized piece from Topshop Boutique, it may only be a white T-shirt but the structure of it makes all the difference.
4. The suede sneakers: Can you tell I might just be a little bit obsessed with Isabel Marant's sneakers? Ever since I got my hands on my first pair of Willow's at the beginning of this year the addiction  has simply got worse. They are so comfortable and really do go with everything that I couldn't find a better alternative. Whether you choose Bekett's or Bobby's or Boston's you won't regret it! They're gold dust at the moment with there having been so many waiting lists for them, so contact me if you are trying to locate a pair and i'll do my best to help!
5. The Black Bag: Show me a bag in 10 colours and I will almost definitely choose it in Black. I love this new Mulberry Maisie bag; I was never really sold on the Bayswater's (and even more so the Del Rey's), but when I saw this unusual beauty previewed at Dover Street Market, I loved the imprinted buckles and the mix of suede and leather. A much more contemporary twist on the usual leather Mulberry's! 

Where to get it? From Left to Right: